This is my first official blog post as a member of the Elizabeth Craft Designs Coloring Design Team and I am super excited to be able to share my project with you! For the “cute critters” Coloring Challenge I wanted to make a super colorful card using the monkey and leaf stamps from Jungle Cuties Stamp Set and have the monkey swinging his way through a fantastical world of rainbow colored branches. I have dubbed this the “Having a Colorful Day” Monkey Card.
Here’s how I made the card:
1. Cut a piece of 85 lb. Soft Finish White Cardstock to 4” x 5 ¼”. Stamp the leaf stamp using waterproof black ink around the edges as shown in the photo. On a separate scrap piece of 85 lb. Soft Finish White Cardstock (needs to be at least 4 1/4” x 4 ¼”), stamp 3 additional leaves, the monkey and “Wishing You A Colorful Day” from the General Sentiments stamp set also in waterproof black ink; the sentiment needs to be stamped along an edge of the scrap piece. Adhere a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive sheet to the back (non-stamped side) of that extra stamped piece but leave the backing sheet on for now.
2. Color the monkey, 3 extra leaves and the sentiment using Inktense Pencils, water and a small brush in Apple Green & Spring Green (leaf), Fuschia (leaf), Sea Blue (leaf), Saddle Brown & Oak (monkey body), Violet (shorts; add dots back in with white gel pen once dry if needed), Hot Red and Sun Yellow (shirt), Fuchsia (inside of ears and face “mask”), Hot Red, Tangerine, Sun Yellow, Apple Green, Sea Blue, Violet & Fuchsia (one letter each, except red, in “Colorful” part of sentiment). Color the leaves that are stamped around the edges of the 4” x 5 ¼” white cardstock using the same colors of Inktense Pencils from Step 3 as shown in the photo.
3. Trim the greeting off of the scrap piece, sizing it to 3/8” W x 4 ¼” L. Using the Jungle Critters dies, die cut the 3 leaves and monkey out and also die cut 3 more leaves and a monkey out of white fun foam. Peel the backing sheet off of the now die cut images and adhere them to the matching fun foam pieces. Trim off the fun foam from anywhere it shows from behind the die cut images.
4. Cut a piece of Soft Finish Rich Black Cardstock to 4 /4” W x 11” L; score it in the middle at 5 ½” and fold to create a top folding A2 sized card base. Cut an additional piece of Rich Black Cardstock to 7/8” W x 4 ¼” L and adhere the greeting piece on top of it.
5. Put 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape along the edges of the back of the 4” x 5 ¼” white piece with the leaves and adhere it on top of the Rich Black card base, leaving a 1/8” border of black showing all around it. Apply 10mm adhesive to the back of the matted greeting strip and adhere it on top of the panel and card base as shown in the photo below. NOTE: The greeting is wider than the leaf panel and will go all the way across the black card base. Put 3 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the backs of the die cut leaves and monkey, fitting strips as best you can to get good coverage.
6. Peel off the backing and adhere the leaves and monkey on top of the leaf panel as shown in the photo. NOTE: You may have to trim off some of the fun foam from behind a couple of the green leaves that overlap the monkey’s branch to avoid too much foam in that small area. Trim off the parts of the leaves that overhang the edges of the card base. Enjoy!!
The links below are compensated affiliate links. This means if you make a purchase using one of these links, I receive a small commission that adds no cost to you. This helps me be able to run this blog and I truly appreciate your support!! Please see Terms & Conditions for more details. Thanks!!
|Elizabeth Craft Designs Products|
|Elizabeth Craft Designs Soft Finish Rich Black Cardstock||Elizabeth Craft Designs 85 lb. Soft Finish White Cardstock||Elizabeth Craft Designs Jungle Cuties Stamp Set|
|Elizabeth Craft Designs Jungle Cuties Die Set||Elizabeth Craft Designs General Sentiments Stamp Set||Elizabeth Craft Designs 10 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape|
|Elizabeth Craft Designs 3 mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape||Elizabeth Craft Designs 6" x 6" Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheets|
|Derwent Inktense Pencils, 4mm Core, Metal Tin, 72 Count (2301843) + Waterbrush pack||Foam Sheet 9"X12" 2mm-White, Pack of 10||Signo - White Uni-ball Gel Pen|